Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Fascinator fascination

This ALMOST looks like a wedding post... wow... who knew?!

There are so many beautiful fascinators around at the moment, especially with the wedding season. They range from the delicate & soft to the huge & crazy. Team them with curly, beachy hair & you're set for a long summer's day. (I usually hate my curly hair, but in the summer, when as soon as you've straightened it, it's all a frizz again, there's no option but to give in to the wave. Invest in a good salt spray... I've used pretty much every curl product throughout the years and Label M Salt Spray made by Toni & Guy is a pretty good option. Failing that, fill an empty refillable spray bottle with water, add a generous helping of sea salt & there you have yourself some home made salt spray. Just ruffle it up a bit, or use a hairdryer for a couple of mins for a curlsome boost.

Here are a few of my favourites:



I love the grey with the bright yellow these bridesmaids are wearing.





source

I've wanted to make my own for a long time, the ones on the highstreet are just a bit too bridesmaid, or a little but to, well, who wore a hat made of fruit & bananas & flowers? Oh yeah I remember...

I had no idea there were so many millinery supplies available, even the veiling & sinamay bases. In such a variety of colours too.

I ended up buying supplies from ebay. I spent about £10 inc. postage & am going to use a few bits I already have, hairband, pearls etc etc. The colour scheme I'm going for is this amazing coraly/orange, grey & white & pale green. I may even do a little How To on how I made mine... if it turns out ok :)

1 comment:

  1. Ooo fab.

    Ever tried the Lush curl stuff? I am yet to try but they have a big hair shampoo or something with salt in it.

    I have made mini berets in the past. Cute.

    ReplyDelete