Thursday, 22 April 2010

Double Whammy

Well, well, a few days ago I was given a couple of blog awards, so here they are...

The first by the lovely Kateepie. The task is to tell 7 things about me that I haven't told before... you'll just have to be ok with things I don't think any of you know.


Here are the rules...
1.Copy the award to your blog 2.Insert a link to the person who nominated you 3.Tell seven things about yourself that you haven’t told before 4.Nominate seven other bloggers for the award 5.Link to their blogs 6.Tell the nominees about their award


Ok so here goes:

1. When I was 16 I gained a black belt in Karate, I started when I was about 7 or something. I reached 17 & pretty much never did it again, was pretty demanding & at that age I just wanted to then go out with my friends & have weekends back. And no you cannot fight me, and I won't karate chop you. So don't ask. Ok? I'm really unfit now & haven't done any exercise since then. Does swimming count? On holiday. Once?

2. I don't own a brush. People get a bit freaked out by this & look at me a bit weird, like I'm grubby or something. I have curly hair, if I brush it, it frizzes. I straighten my hair most days, with this, I find I don't need to brush it, only straighten it again the next day. When I have my hair curly, I'm pretty lucky, as it's kind of beachy & wavy now, as opposed to full o frizz like when I was younger.

3. I'm 5ft 10 but only have size 5/6 feet. Yes I know this is weird. And no, I don't have very good balance.

4. I only passed my driving test about 18 months ago. And I'm 26 in a couple of weeks. I just never needed to drive... I wasn't useless or anything.

5. I'm an only child. My mum is an only child, so is my dad. I don't want children, I never have. I had soft toys in my buggies as a child. I tried to like dolls, but didn't. I liked barbies though.

6. I lost 3 stone last year. & I didn't realize I was all *that* chubby. Looking back, yes I was. But then Ive always been a tad. And still am. Must work on that.

7. I secretly want to be a hairdresser. It'd just be cool. I wouldn't talk about holidays. Or rubbish.

.......................................................................................................................................................


The second is from Nerys at Crafty Jemima. I need to share with you 5 things that I love & then pass it on.

So here goes:

1. Cheese. I could eat it all day (& night) & get rather fat.

2. My little cat & dog family. They make me super happy & give the best hugs. & the boy (of course)

3. Straighteners. Quite frankly I think I'd be a frizzy sobbing mess if these weren't in my life. (That or I'd need to find a good frizz serum)

4. Curry sauce & chips. My (not really guilty) pleasure.

5. Having picnics in the sun. It's going to be a good summer, I can't wait.

All my things are food or material things, wow.
:)


Ok so the lovely people I'm nominating for both (because I'm nice like that) areee...

Hayley at Ruby Wren Designs
Laura at SheDraws
Helen at Storeyhshop
Sar at GlitterySah
Anna at Anrk Designs
Sami at Teasemade
Jennie at Sailor Jennie

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your awards, straightening irons are definitely one of the best inventions - have you seen the little tini mini ones you can get - very useful for emergency frizz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thank you for the awards! High fives for being an only child hehe :D xo

    ReplyDelete