Tuesday, 23 February 2010

weekends

It's really nice to have weekends back after having a job for ages you're not only working the weekend, you're there to make sure other people are having a good time while on THEIR weekend off. Don't get me wrong, I never want to be the kind of person that *wishes* for friday, but at the minute it's just nice to have the same time off as everyone else... to do not a lot on sunday if that's what I want to do. Have a late breakfast & perhaps a wander round the shops, lots of tea & then Come Dine With Me & a roast.

This weekend we went off to a lovely country hotel for the night, we had cream teas & lots more teas & a little swim, float around in the jacuzzi & got frizzed up in the steam room (my hair, that is) had some really good food too. If you're looking for somewhere a bit different to stay Hand Picked Hotels are really good, usually can get dinner & brekkie & maybe some canapes thrown in too :)


Teapot & tea in a compartment in the wardrobe, now that's my idea of a wardrobe. They never give you enough milk though. Why IS that.

Massive room, so nice to walk around while you're getting ready, rather that having to dodge the wall/chest of drawers/wardrobe/cat/dog/both.


Really nice thick curtains.



This is what the rest of the hotel looked like too, a bit like a castle... this is the health spa, actually bigger than it looks!

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! Glad you had a nice time :)
    I know what you mean about weekends - working in a cinema did that to me! It's the best feeling ever to have weekends like normal people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo lovely photos!
    sadly at the moment im one of those who wishes for friday. i do like my job but sometimes you just want to get outta there! my weekends are rather precious to me now. x

    ReplyDelete