Monday, 26 October 2009

what i found...

...in the little garage at the bottom of the garden at the house we've just moved into I found this amazing kitchen cabinet. The kitchen before it was redone by the owner was all like this! A little old lady used to live in the house last, so there are loads of old-ish looking things left! For example, by the fuse box (where is has been replaced) is a little hint into what the wallpaper used to be like, a floral, highly patterned, with leaves & bamboo(?) The house is old, but has character, but has been done up in all the important places! The upstairs floors seem to be slightly slopey & we put a shelf in the built in wardrobe... all the walls in it was wonky! If you're lucky, you may even get to see the old fashioned gas fire in the living room one day! I quite like the old textured wallpaper & all the weird old things here!

Here is the super pretty cabinet & the cobwebby, yucky garage, it may be knocked down, so I thought I'd take pictures of it while I could, I'll be quite sad when it's gone, I like it's dirt & charm. However, neither of us can get our cars in there, so at least we'll have somewhere to park our cars! I was going to clean it & pretty it up, but I'm not sure if it's possible, where I'd put it once it was fixed up, and more importantly, if it has woodworm or not!



I really like the peeling wallpaper & the lined shelves, part of me would like to keep it just as it is, but once the garage has gone, there's no point keeping it. Can anyone give it a good home?! If it doesn't have woodworm that is!

5 comments:

  1. That is amazing!!! You should do it up & sell it for a pretty penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it may have some kind of crawly thing in it, but cant be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, what a lovely thing to find in the garage! It would be so much fun to restore it, what a shame you have no where to put it.

    ReplyDelete